Tuesday, November 6, 2012

October 6th, 2012 ~ Part 1

It was a gorgeous day. I woke up feeling EXTRA exhausted which was strange because I actually slept pretty decent. Best night of sleep I've had in months because I didn't have any contractions. I stayed in bed until about noon and finally got up and showered. Jeff was busy running errands. He had his own 'nesting' list he was trying to accomplish before Emma showed up.

Around 2PM Jeff came home with new rose bushes for our front bed that he wanted to plant. He also brought me home a bagel for a very late breakfast (what a guy!). Around 3PM I decided I needed some fresh air so I went outside to hang out with him and decided to help him out. While he planted the roses I swept the front patio. Obviously, after 15 minutes of 'helping out' I was exhausted so I went back inside to relax and have a popsicle.

At 3:45PM Jeff came inside and decided he needed to reward himself for all his hard work with some xbox time.

4:00PM Still felt exhausted so I laid on the couch with Lex and decided to catch up on all my DVR'd shows...first up was Real Housewives of Miami.

4:15PM UM....what was that? I felt a slight gush....and thought either I just peed myself, I'm leaking fluids, or my water just broke. I was a bit confused because I wasn't having any contractions. I felt pretty good, other then being tired.

4:17PM I walked upstairs to Jeff's man room still a little surprised and was like "Jeff....I think my water just broke..." The look on Jeff's face was priceless. I'm actually surprised he believed me and wasn't like "are you serious...are you joking!?" He automatically jumped up, turned off his TV and xbox and was like ok I need to hop in the shower really quick (he was covered in dirt) and lets go!

I still was in a state of shock, but completely calm. I wasn't 100% sure if it was my water that had just broken so I didn't know what to think. I called Labor & Delivery and asked if I should come in, and they of course said yes, come in! This put Jeff in a complete frantic mode. I on the other hand was still calm. I decided I wanted to freshen up my hair and make up, and do a bit of touching up around the house. While running around getting ready, I was still 'gushing' fluids....and I kept thinking to myself....I think this is it.

I felt like I was in such a surreal moment. You try to envision this moment for 9 months, and it was so hard to believe that the moment we had so wished for, was actually here.

I guess I was taking my sweet time because Jeff kept trying to rush me out the door. After the house was tidy, I was put together, Lexi had many hugs and kisses we were on our way to the hospital.

I posted this on the door to our garage a few weeks ago, very thankful I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment