Wednesday, November 7, 2012

October 6th, 2012 ~ Part 4

I began pushing about 9:30ish and thankfully I couldn't feel anything. I could feel pressure, but no pain. It was also a very calm and peaceful time, nothing you see in movies haha. I was so focused I didn't realize the increase of people in the room. It was my doctor, 2 other doctors, my nurse, and 2 other nurses....I quickly realized that something was probably wrong. Basically, Emma was stuck and it seemed her heart rate was decreasing. It got to the point where they told me I had a couple more pushes or they would have to go in and get her. They were also prepped and ready incase she didn't come out breathing. They also said they would take her right away to the warmer instead of putting her on my chest like I originally wanted.

I had my own cheering squad in the delivery room. It was awesome. All the doctors, nurses, and Jeff were so encouraging. When I had one push left, I gave it my all. I realized I had to give it everything I had in me to get her out so she was safe...and one more push was all we needed. I pushed so hard that she and my placenta (sorry TMI) came flying out (literally). And she came out kicking and SCREAMING. When I first heard her cry my heart melted and it was the most amazing feeling of relief. My baby girl was here, she was healthy, and had the sweetest cry. The doctors still brought her straight to the warmer to check her out, and she was 100% perfect. While they were fixing me up, Jeff went over to see her, since I couldn't see her from my bed, I asked Jeff how she was. Jeff turned to me and barely choked out "shes perfect." Writing this still brings tears to my eyes. The man didn't cry at our wedding, he never cries, but here he was so emotional. This is hands down the most incredible moment of my entire life. There are no words. It was the best day of our lives. Yes your wedding day is special and amazing...but the day your first child is born blows your wedding day out of the water. How incredible a moment to meet part of you, and part of the one you love the most. And just the sheer fact that you created a life. A tiny, perfect, healthy life. Babies are nothing short of a miracle. How can you not believe in God as you hold a baby?

The doctors asked Jeff if he wanted to cut the cord. Jeff doesn't do well with anything 'gross' and has an awful gag reflex. We had talked beforehand and he decided he wasn't going to cut the cord, which was completely ok with me. However, at that moment he said "Yes." I was shocked, and brought more tears to my eyes. I was so incredibly proud of him. So yes, Jeff cut her cord :) 

When they were done doing what they needed to do with me, done cleaning up Emma, they finally handed her to me. Instant love and joy is an understatement. Looking into my baby's eyes for the first time is a moment I will never forget. Her perfect, beautiful eyes. She was perfect. She was healthy. Up until this point she was still screaming, testing out her little lungs, but as soon as she was in my arms and our eyes locked, she stopped. It was incredible. She knew that I was her mommy and that I would do absolutely anything for her.

After awhile I handed her over to Jeff. Seeing Jeff hold our daughter brought more tears to my eyes. It was such a beautiful moment and if it was possible, I fell even more in love with him. He was holding OUR baby, our miracle, our Emma.

So the stats - Emma Lynn Bender. Born at 9:56PM. 6 pounds 15 ounces and 20 inches long. PERFECT!

Emma's first picture

Daddy cutting Emma's cord

There are no words....

Happy Birthday baby girl!

So incredibly happy

No comments:

Post a Comment