Tuesday, November 6, 2012

October 6th, 2012 ~ Part 2

The ride to the hospital was calm. Well, I was at least. It was a beautiful day, I wasn't in pain...yet, and I was so excited to find out if this was really it! Jeff on the other hand was anxious. So anxious. It was so cute and so funny. Traffic for some reason was pretty heavy for a Saturday afternoon and the roads seemed to be filled with slow and 'dumb' drivers. I kept thinking to myself thank goodness I wasn't having insane contractions because I probably would be freaking out too.

On the way I thought I would text my parents, even though I knew they were in church, to just let them know that maybe something was happening.

We arrived at the hospital around 5:15. I still was leaking and still wasn't having contractions. I walked calmly up to Labor & Delivery and was just like "Hi, I think my water just broke." The nurses I think didn't take me completely seriously because I was calm and it was obvious I wasn't in insane labor pain.

After about 15 minutes they finally led me to an examination room and we waited for what seemed like forever. Around 6PM I finally started having contractions. I was hooked up to a machine to monitor if I was contracting or not and Jeff had a blast watching the lines go up and down. He would get so excited if it was a "big one." He kept saying "oh my god, you just had a big one!!!" Really Jeff? I had no idea, haha. I have never seen him SO excited. When it was obvious I was having regular, strong contractions he was bursting at the seams with excitement. It makes me smile thinking back on it.

Finally, a Dr came in and said he was going to do a series of tests to confirm if it was my water that had broke. The first test he started to do was to just take a peek and see if I was dilated. And a peek was all he needed. After about 30 seconds he was like, that was definitely your water that broke because you are already 4cm dilated and I can see your daughters head. He said there was no need to run the other tests and he was going to admit me. OH. MY. GOD. We are having a baby!!!!

In the exam room...starting to have contractions!

No comments:

Post a Comment