Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Being an Army Wife is Not for the Faint Hearted

Never in my wildest dreams thought I would become a military wife. I remember watching the news, watching shows, and watching movies with army wives, and I always wondered how they did it? How did they keep it together? Now...I ask myself, how do I do it? How do I keep it together. And my answer is always, I'm not sure. People always tell me that I'm a strong person, its a huge compliment, but at the same time I do not see myself as a strong person. I guess when you are put in a certain situation you just put your entire heart and soul into making it work. 

Being an Army Wife is beyond rewarding. I am married to the most incredible man on the face of the earth. Who wouldn't be proud of being married to someone whose life's purpose is to protect yours and all your friends and families'? Seeing what Jeff goes through every single day always makes me more proud of him. I really do not know how he does it. Sleep is something of the past for him and he is always on the go, always doing what is best for his soldiers, even if it means coming home at insane hours of the night. 

The life that has opened up before me by just marrying my soldier has been incredible. The Army lifestyle fascinates me. I am going to see and experience things that some can only dream about. I'm meeting people from all over the world and different walks of life. All the wives I met thus far have been amazing, I've learned so much from their experiences. 

War, lost, and separation are a very real part of our lives. We never know when our husband will get the call  to go play in the 'sandbox,' we never know when he will come home, and we never know our futures. It takes a strong individual to live this life, and I give all the credit in the world to all those who are military wives. As a newbie, I inspire to be like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment