Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Georgia is for Lovers

So almost 2 years to the date, we found out Jeff was going to be stationed at Ft. Benning, GA (post being an instructor at LDAC, BOLC 1, BOLC 2, and BOLC 3)..and we were ecstatic. I remember anxiously waiting to find out where Jeff was going to be stationed, because obviously that would be a huge change in our relationship (this was pre-engagement and wedding!) Out of all the crazy places he could have been sent, Georgia seemed to be perfect. It was in the South...so WARM!...and it was still on the East Coast, so that meant an easy plane ride, and it wasn't somewhere crazy like Alaska or Korea! Its so much fun to think back and think about all the uncertainties we had floating around in our heads, and now here we are! 

Fast forward to now, and we are truly, loving living here. At first I thought I wouldn't like it, I was used to living in Massachusetts and all the conveniences that came with that like being so close to Boston, so close to all my best friends, and sooo close to my family. But I realized in this lifestyle you have to embrace change and make the best of it! I will be honest, it took awhile to adjust. But things just seemed to fall into place, and I can say I love living here! I also noticed that my health has improved! It seems I was a walking germ during the winter in Boston, but now I survived the winter without even a head cold!!! 

For the past couple of weeks its been in the mid 80s, sunny, and beautiful, living in a place like this, how could you not be happy?? Its crazy what sunshine and a touch of Vitamin D will do to your morale! No more cold, winter depression for this girl! I feel bad, and also laugh in the inside, for all my loved ones who are still getting slammed with snow and cold weather...sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment