Thursday, April 26, 2012

Surprise! You're going to be a daddy!

I decided awhile ago that if the situation presented itself, I wanted to surprise Jeff with the news we were pregnant. Now that I had this opportunity I had to find the perfect time and perfect way to tell him. I knew I couldn't tell him that night because he was going to have a late night at work...I couldn't tell him the following night because we had a Squadron FRG meeting...so it looked like Wednesday the 8th it was.

To set the scene, Wednesday morning I texted Jeff telling him I had an early Valentine's Day present for him and he HAD to open it tonight. He agreed. In a cute little box I wrapped up one of the digital pregnancy tests (of course I put the cap on and sanitized it...I'm not gross!). I prepared an amazing dinner of lobster tail and filet for him. I remember anxiously pacing around the kitchen waiting for him to get home...it was a mix of feeling of excitement and nervousness!
Big news in that little box!
So the moment had come...I always wonder what was going through his mind before and while he was opening his present...did he have a clue of what he was about to discover?!

Opening....
There it is! The face of someone who just found out they're going to be a daddy!

So glad I videotaped the moment...it was truly an incredible, emotional moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment