Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week 9: Surprise! You are going to be Grandparents

So I can honestly say my parents have been waiting for this moment since probably the day I got engaged. For the past 2.5 years we would always get loving comments like "So what are you waiting for?" "Can you please have a baby before I die." etc. etc. etc. So yes, I can definitely say they were anxiously awaiting for this moment.

I knew exactly how I wanted to tell my parents. When I got engaged my Dad bought me "Father of the Bride," and we watched it and cried together. Since then its become our thing. So when I found out I was pregnant, I found "Father of the Bride: Part 2" and on the cover is the daughter and a baby kissing the dad's cheeks. It was perfect.

March 5th: Matthew, Emily, and I drove down to Orlando, FL to meet up with the rest of the fam. Since it was Matthew's birthday and our first night all together in a long time, we went out to a nice dinner. I knew I had to tell them ASAP, because 1. I still had a bit or Pregnancy Plague 2. We were spending the week at Disney and obviously I couldn't go on like any of the rides. 3. Could I really keep this secret from them any longer?! So at dinner I announced that since it was Matthew's birthday I had a present for the entire family and I let my Mom open it. My Mom opened half of the movie, and immediately started bawling, and choked out, "Really!??!"....after that the entire table was crying and celebrating.

I guess everyone was a little excited and happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment