Thursday, August 23, 2012

31 Weeks in New Orleans!

So instead of resting and nesting like a normal pregnant girl should, at 31 weeks we headed to New Orleans for a wedding. I was probably the only pregnant person in that entire city. Why else would a pregnant person go there? Its known for its spicy, seafood, fried food; its late nights of debauchery; and its hot weather (well ok I guess I'm used to that because GA is usually hotter). Overall, it sounds like a preggers worse nightmare.

Seeing the Mississippi!
At Cafe Du Monde!
Well Jeff and I are good people and travelled the 6.5 hours to NOLA to attend the Brigman-Baines wedding. And I'm so glad we did! The entire week I had been hyping myself up to not be a party-pooper. I knew it was going to be exhausting and take everything I had in me to make it through that weekend. And let me say I was a trooper! I walked more then I had in my entire pregnancy, I stayed up later then I had in months, and I was NOT a party-pooper!

The wedding was beautiful. It was an evening wedding on an old Southern plantation outside the city. It was also a military wedding and Jeff was part of the saber arch. Their wedding pictures are going to be breath-taking. Congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Brigman, we are so happy for you both!

Isn't he SOO handsome!? Love him in that uniform!
Congrats Brigmans!
Yes, I looked awful & huge in this pic, but Jeff is just so dang handsome! How did I get so lucky?
It was really nice to get away with Jeff for one last weekend, just the two of us. We both agreed that we were really happy we went and glad we crossed NOLA off our bucket list.....but we don't think we would ever go back. Not really our scene and not what we were really expecting. It was stinky, dirty, hectic, and overall I didn't feel safe anywhere we went. But the one plus was Jeff LOVED the food!

It was a great weekend but we were soooo happy to get home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment