Thursday, August 23, 2012

Emma's Vt Baby Shower

On July 7th, my Mom threw me the most incredible baby shower! It was such an amazing day, surrounded by family and friends, some that we haven't seen since the wedding! It was hard to believe that 2.5 years ago we were all together for my bridal shower....now the same group of ladies were all together again for my baby shower!

Most adorable invitation!
Words can not describe how perfect everything was. So many people contributed to make it such an amazing day for me and I am so grateful. Just to name a few names....Morgan created the most adorable fruit creation (thanks to Pinterest!). Tina was in charge of all the games. Mary-Jeanne and Maureen made the spinach balls (yum!) and my Aunt Mich supplied most of the alcohol and was a HUGE help setting up. Debby insisted on making her famous brownies. My Dad & Matthew made sure the house and yard looked incredible. And of course my Mom and Emily were the masterminds behind it all.
Morgan's incredible fruit baby!
The games!
Emma received so many precious gifts. I didn't think I would get emotional opening gifts like I did during my bridal shower but boyyy was I wrong! The first gift I opened that made me choke up a bit was a gift from Robyn & Cameron. Amongst all their adorable gifts was a recordable book for Jeff to record for Emma while hes gone...being in the military he is gone all.the.time and he can leave at any time for a 'longer amount of time'. I thought it was the most thoughtful and heart-touching gift ever. I don't really like to think or talk about raising our children in the military because it is a hard subject to grasp. I just like to take it day by day and deal with things as they arise, its the only thing you can really do. So obviously not talking about it, I feel like my friends and family don't grasp how different it is and how hard it can be. But Robyn, being the amazing person she is just knows, hence the book.

What really made me bawl was my Memere crocheted a beautiful pink blanket (which matches her nursery perfectly!) and put together a photo album of my baby pictures, pictures of my parents, and had a beautiful inscription in the front, "Started with love, continued with love everlasting, moments in time. -Love Memere & Pepere"  I still get emotional thinking about it.
They also had this beautiful sign made
 Meredith made me cry too. She gave Emma a beautiful Tiffany's piggy bank but what she wrote in the card really made me emotional. She wrote "I hope Emma has a best friend just like I do." Meredith and I say we were best friends since before birth. I was born in June and she was born in September, and we were friends ever since. Its really rare to be able to say that, and I truly cherish our friendship and our 'sisterhood' and wish that for Emma.
My fifi...LYLAS

Emma is a lucky little girl!
And just when I thought I was done being emotional, I opened my Mom's gift. My Mom cross-stitched Emma's birth sampler which was the same pattern as mine and of course brought me to tears because it was so beautiful, thoughtful, and so sentimental.
Emma's baby sampler stitched with love by Memere
I couldn't have asked for a better day. What made it even more special was having Jeff there. He was across the country for my bridal shower so it was sooo nice having him there to share the excitement with.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who helped make my baby shower SO special. Emma is so lucky to be coming into a world filled with such love and support. We can't wait to share her with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment