Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hello Third Trimester.... OMG!

I am officially in my third trimester.... OH.MY.GOD. I always thought that once I hit the third trimester I would think... 'oh my god...sh*t just got real.' And yeah...it kind of did! Crazy to think in a few short months I will be giving birth to our little baby girl!

I was sad to see the Second trimester go because I was feeling GREAT. It was like a timer went off and was like ok we are now in the third trimester...time to feel awful again.

Welcome back exhaustion, back pain, and hello to heartburn. UGH!

Baby is size of an eggplant!
BTW We had a Dr. appt on July 10th and Emma was weighing in at a whopping 2.2 pounds! Shes right on track!

Also at 28 weeks I had my glucose test...I am proud to say that I passed and I don't have gestational diabetes! Woo! One less thing to worry about. The test itself wasn't awful. You just have to drink this really concentrated sugary drink (mine tasted like fruit punch) sit and wait for an hour and then have your blood drawn and hope for the best. Its basically to see how your body is processing sugar. If for some reason your results come back inconclusive or abnormal you then have to have a 3-hour test done, and that just sounds awful. You have to go in have your blood drawn, drink the fluid, wait an hour, have your blood drawn again, wait another hour, have your blood drawn, wait another hour, and have your blood drawn again. NO THANK YOU! One thing that made me laugh during the test was after I drank the fluid Emma was going NUTS in my belly. Its to the point where you can definitely see her move around through my clothes. I was worried because there was a little boy sitting next to me and I was afraid he was going to notice my jumping belly and freak out. Thankfully, there were no freak outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment