Thursday, August 23, 2012

Vt Here We Come!

On Friday, June 29th, we started our journey North! I had been anxiously awaiting that day for weeks! I had also been mentally preparing myself for the ride because being 24/25 weeks pregnant I knew it was NOT going to be fun or easy. Knowing that I literately have to use the ladies room every 20 minutes I figured we would get there at some point next year. However, I am pleased to report I was an AWESOME traveller! We stopped about every 2.5/3 hours to let Lex out, me use the restroom, and get Jeff some coffee.

We made it to Ft. Bragg, NC in about 7 hours to visit a friend and stayed the night. Saturday morning we got up early to start the next part of our journey to New Jersey. What should've been about a 10 hour drive turned into the ride from hell. Apparently the night before, a huge storm had passed through the VA/MD/DC area and knocked out ALL the power. This storm created complete chaos. We were in stand-still traffic for hours and our gas-tank was getting dangerously low. We got off every other exit  in hopes of finding gas, however NO ONE had power....so therefore no one had gas. When we were down to 8 miles left in our tank, we finally found ONE gas station that had power. To give you a mental image....think of an 'end of the world' movie and that is what we experienced at this gas station. People were going nuts. Anyways fast forward 12.5 hours, we finally made it to Basking Ridge, NJ and had dinner with Jeff's family.

FINALLY. Sunday morning we were on our last day of traveling. VT was so close I could taste the fresh air. Thankfully, it was an easy day of traveling and we made it to my parents house just in time for dinner!

We spent the week just relaxing in VT which was much needed after our journey and Jeff being so incredibly busy at work. It was so nice to just have him hanging out, stress-free, with minimum cell phone service :) For the Fourth of July I was so happy to take Jeff to Randolph's 'annual parade.' It is quite the experience for anyone not from the area. Lets just say our idea of a 'float' is cows or trackers.
Lexi & Em on the 4th!
Matthew with the white-fluffy babies!
25.5 Weeks at the famous Randolph 4th of July parade!
It was an amazing week but it went by wayyyy to fast! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment