Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baby Kicks!

Towards the middle of week 16 I started feeling little 'movements' within my tummy. Little flutters from baby. When I asked my Dr. what it would feel like she said it would be like if I had butterflies in my tummy....and when people ask me what is feels like, that is exactly what I tell them. There is no real other way to describe it.

I thought I would be weirded out when I first felt it...like there is an actual baby moving around inside me...but it is seriously the most magical feeling in the entire world. I definitely connected to my baby soo much more when I first felt that. It was something special between me and her, something that just the two of us could share.

The movements started getting more frequent and more obvious that it really was baby moving around and not a hungry tummy or something. Until a couple weekends ago, Saturday the 12th to be exact...baby KICKED! An actual swift kick, and not just one, but a couple. It was such a feeling that could not be mistaken for any other then my baby kicking. INCREDIBLE.

Now, every once and awhile you can actually see it! It is soooooo cool to see my belly have little up and down movements.

We have an extremely active baby girl, she loves to kick mommy and let her know that shes awake. It seriously makes me soo happy when she starts kicking, its like shes saying "hi mommy, I'm ok and happy in here!"

Last night (5/23/12) Jeff finally felt our peanut kick. Up until now every time she was being really active I would tell Jeff and he would run over and try to feel, but he couldn't. I'm convinced he did feel a few times but I have a feeling he was expecting like a obvious hard kick, not a soft little motion. But last night when she kicked, his faced lit up and he was like, was that it??? Such a special moment in the Bender household!

No comments:

Post a Comment