Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Meeting our little peanut at 13 Weeks!

April 2nd, what an incredible day that was. We had our first 'real' appointment and met our Dr. for the first time. I was super nervous because I had no idea what to expect, plus, I was super anxious to make sure everything was going ok.

Well of course they took my vitals, weight, etc. etc. I'm not going to say what the weight was because I was wearing all my clothes and a sweater!! (lol). They also performed lots of 'fun' tests, all those that typically happen during your first OB appointment. Poor Jeff was such a trooper and sat through them all haha.
And of course everything was going perfectly. Seeing our little peanut on the ultrasound screen was the most incredible, unreal thing I have ever seen. Jeff & I were speechless. She (or he!) already looked so beautiful and so happy. She/he was quite the wiggle worm and it looked like she was having a dance party, we were so mesmerized just watching her. It was so incredible to see her wiggle around and wave around her teeny tiny arms and legs. Jeff made the comment that if its a girl she will definitely probably be a cheerleader! I so wished we recorded this! It took awhile for our Dr. to get the heartbeat because she wouldn't stay still long enough! But after a few failed attempts, we got a heartbeat of 152.

Seeing our little peanut for the 'first' time is something we will never forget.

We also had an issue with getting a decent picture because she was just so excited she couldn't stay still!

No comments:

Post a Comment