Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Maternity Clothes...How I Loathe Thee

I finally went maternity clothes shopping this past weekend. At 18 weeks I had officially lost the battle with all my normal clothes. Living in Columbus, GA shopping is limited....maternity clothes even more limited.

I quickly learned that maternity clothes...are no fun. I am sick of them already. I'm in that awkward phase where normal clothes are uncomfortable and don't fit...and maternity clothes are still a bit big.

I noticed while shopping I would still head over to 'size 0' or XS rack and start browsing...and then had to be like, 'oh wait...' I guess this will take some getting used to.

For now I bought a Tummy Sleeve , its still a bit big on me, but it does the job. I know I will probably be wearing mostly dresses because of our humid, hottttt Georgia summer, but for work I figured I could still wear all my suit slacks with this tummy sleeve. I also bought a few maternity capris (in black, khaki, and white), a suit skirt, a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, and a few tops. Motherhood Maternity is great for all you little momma-to-bes, they actually carry XS! After shrinking everything I bought, everything is still a bit big like in the butt/leg area, but its the best I found so far!

If I only had a personal stylist/shopper to style my maternity look like the celebrities I would be all set...!
This was so me.
Jeff also asked why I didn't ask any of my friends to go shopping with me to help.....well probably because none of my friends are pregnant and this is why:

No comments:

Post a Comment